At Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company (GTL) we know the importance of your right to privacy. Protecting your personal information is high priority with us, and a matter we take very seriously. While the personal information shared with us (from applying for coverage, to filing a claim) is the cornerstone to providing you with high-quality insurance protection and services, we want to assure you that information, unique to you, is kept secure, confidential and used expressly for the purpose of conducting our insurance relationship with you.
So that you better understand how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about our customers, please read the following notice.
Information We Collect And Sources Of Information
In order for GTL to provide and administer the insurance products we offer, we collect personal information about the customer. Some of the information we collect is “nonpublic.” The nonpublic personal information we collect is obtained from the following sources:
- Information we receive on the application for insurance (such as name, address, telephone number, age, social security number, and beneficiary designation.)
- Information about the customer’s transactions with us and our affiliates (such as the type of insurance product purchased, the premium paid, the method of purchase, and payment history.)
- Information we receive from third party reports, (such as consumer-reporting/credit agencies, motor vehicle records, and medical information. All medical information we receive is subject to the Medical Confidentiality rules described below.)
Information We Disclose
All medical information is kept confidential. We will not use or share, internally or with third-parties, our customer’s medical information except for the purposes of:
- Underwriting the insurance;
- Administering the policy or claim;
- As permitted or required by law; or
- As authorized by the customer.
Security And Confidentiality Of Customer Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our customers to those employees (or people working on our behalf under confidentiality agreements) who need to know the information in order to provide products and services. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard all nonpublic personal information.
Change To This Statement
Information You Provide Us On The Inquiry Form
We collect personal information (such as name, address, phone, e-mail address) on our Website only when you voluntarily provide it to us. Any information you share with us will be for the exclusive use of GTL and will not be shared with any other entity. We may track aggregate data of our Website’s usage, such as the number of visitors to our Website and what portions of our Website are accessed within those visits. This is all done without knowing your name or other personal identifying information.
GTL’s Website does not send “cookies” to your computer. (A cookie is a small piece of information that a Website sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie may be used to track your visits within a Website, as well as store personal information you may have provided during the Website visit.)
Links And Other Sites